F R E Q U E N T L Y A S K E D Q U E S T I O N S
"How much is shipping?"
$10! Ten dollars! Ten buckeroonies! WOohoO!
Each order is shipped using an overnight delivery service to you via CourierPost, and also includes an overnight courier bag for you to return the garment back to us. Could it be any more simple?!
Please note there is a $5 fee for last-minute orders for Saturday delivery (please only select this if you are placing your order after 3pm Thursday the same week of your event!), and deliveries to rural addresses.
“Am I able to pick up my order?”
- Pick ups are available from my address in Hillsborough! Just select “Pick up - Hillsborough (Auckland)” at the check-out when making your booking.
- Please contact us at email@example.com after placing your order to arrange a time for pick up. Please note that you are only able to pick up the garment during the week of your event, and pick up times will vary due to our availability for that week :) However we are very flexible, and will aim to arrange a time to suit us both.
- Please send an email on the day following your event to arrange a time to drop off the garment. Drop off times must be confirmed in advance as garments are too valuable to be left unattended.
“When will my rental arrive?”
- We endeavour to get all garments to their rentals at least 1-2 days before your events. For Saturday rentals garments are usually posted on Wednesday’s after they have been cleaned and prepped after the preceding weekend’s rental so that they arrive to you in the best condition. In the event of a late return from the previous renter, your garment may be posted on Friday morning using a Saturday delivery courier option.
Once the tracking number has been provided, it is up to you to call NZ Post (0800 COURIER) to arrange an expedited delivery if there has been a transit delay/incorrect sort/any postal issue. If you notice a delay - please email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we will assist you as much as possible, but we do not provide refunds if you were simply ignorant to a postal delay.
“Can I try this garment on?”
Please note that we are now purely online based and no longer take try on appointments. However, we are happy to provide further details regarding style and fit via email at email@example.com. We have tried our best to provide accurate photos of the garment on, and sizing details within the listing, to replace the need for try appointments.
"Do you post for try on's..?"
- We do not offer postal try on's under any circumstance.
"Is this item available on this date..?"
- To check the availability of any item, simply go into the product page for the item you are wanting to book and check the calendar for availability and to book. If the date is blacked out and you cannot select it, this means the item is booked. If you can select the date and continue to check out, this means it's available for you to book.
"Help my dress is crinkled!"
- Firstly - do NOT iron the garment! It is completely normal for our silk garments to arrive crinkled due to the sizing restrictions of NZ Post bags. We recommend using a steamer if you own one, or to simply hang the garment up in the bathroom while taking a hot shower. Both methods will instantly uncrease the dress! Woohoo!
“Do I have to clean it before returning?”
- No, all cleaning and dry cleaning is taken care of by us and standard cleaning is included in the cost of your rental. All you have to do is pop it in your return bag and post it back to us the day after your event and the rest is taken care of.
Please note: anything including but not limited to: stains, rips, tears, stretching, pulling, will incur an extra cost on top of the rental fee. This tends to be $10-50, but if the garment is unable to be repaired to the original condition, it will need to be replaced at your expense. Renting an item through our website means that you agree to cover the cost of repairing any damage, or replacing any item, that you have rented.
"Do you do extended rentals? Can I take this item on holiday?"
- Yes, however only on certain garments. Certain terms and conditions apply to this, and pricing will change based on the length of your holiday and certain assurances. For more information on extended rentals please email us (firstname.lastname@example.org).
“What happens if I don’t wear the garment or it doesn’t fit? Will I get a REFUND?”
- Refunds are only given if the garment does not arrive due to a fault in the postal system not delivering on time, or on the very rare chance the garment arrives damaged and unwearable. If for any reason you do not end up wearing the garment you hired, you will not receive a refund. If it does not fit you will not receive a refund either, but you may be able to receive a store credit if you send it back on the same day (please see next question!). We are happy to offer measurements of garments, size guidance and photos where possible.
For more information regarding refunds, please browse our Hire Policy
"If I don't wear the garment or it doesn't fit, can I exchange the item or get a STORE CREDIT?"
- Store credits vary on a case by case basis. If you received the item and contacted us (email@example.com) immediately upon delivery stating you would like to exchange this item, it is more than likely possible, you will be liable for an extra courier fee and will need to drop the current rental at your local post shop in the provided pre-paid courier bag on the same day, in exchange for a store credit minus courier fees.
Please note - this is in most cases, and does not in any way mean that this will also apply to every case applicable.
"I booked this garment however, am no longer attending the event, am I able to get a store credit?"
- Store credits in this instance vary on a case by case basis, usually depending on how much notice you have given us. Please send us an email at thehiresociety@gmail to discuss this. We do not offer refunds in this circumstance.
"Do you post to Australia?"
- Unfortunately we do not post internationally at this time.